Baldwin Organic Garden Share
2372 Pershing BLVD
Plants: Annual & Perennial vegetables,wild edibles, herbs, flowers, cover-crop/green manures,grapes, kiwis, hazelnuts, apricots,goji and other berries.
About Baldwin Organic Garden Share
BOGS is a Home-based Gardening Cooperative in Baldwin, Southern Nassau County Long Island,
Going on the principle that "Many hands make light work" we will harness our members combined efforts to transform our residential spaces into thriving productive Edible Gardens and lush vibrant environments.
The current “vision” is: A friendly group of like-minded garden enthusiasts creating a:
part urban homestead,
part Permaculture Project,
and part Decentralized-Urban-Farm.
This should be an Intentional Interdependent-Community.
Beyond the garden and harvest itself, we hope to connect our members in a family that can support each other in other ways. Time-banks and worker-coops are two examples.
Some other ideas for sharing in this community are :
a Book/Media Lending-Library, Tool loan/rental program, Garden Design services, Edible Landscaping, Mini-nursery, Movie Nights and Potlucks,"Permablitzes" , Music Jams, "Art in the Garden" parties, various workshops/classes in: Artisan crafts, Herbalism, Primitive-Skills and much, much more~
• seedling plants under grow-lights in ¾” and 2” soil-blocks
• building new raised garden beds - We now have 7 completed
• several Vermicomposting flow-through worm compost bins - We have completed two large bins - one indoor and one outdoor.
• Rainwater-Catchment and drip-irrigation water system.
• Reconstructing the Vine Pergola (currently holding grape/kiwi)
• Building more soil-block trays and other wooden items for the garden
• Designing the “Hammock Grotto” picnic area ~
• Installing 2 existing Pond shells for aquatic life/plants.
• Planting out more perennial edibles: berries, fruiting vines/trees, wild herbs and medicinal plants.